Original Artwork Scanning
Color-Correct Artwork Scanning and Photography
We use scanners and cameras to create color-corrected, digital files of original artwork. These files are used for making high-quality reproductions (giclee), archival purposes, or online use.
Whether you want to print your own or reproductions or have a professional printing company make them, you will require a high-quality digital file. This is a quick rundown of how we scan/photograph/digitize original artwork.
- We use a combination of digital cameras, scanners, and high-quality lights to digitize/scan/photograph the original artwork.
- We then edit and color correct the file using the latest computer software to ensure an accurate final version to the artist’s specifications.
- After editing, we print an 8×10 proof onto our Hot Press Bright fine art paper for final verification.
- After the proof is approved, the final files are delivered.
$20 Per Sq/Ft
$20.00 Minimum. 2 Or More Gets 20% Off.
What you get…
3 Different File Types
- Large Digital Capture Master File (TIF, No Compression, ProPhotoRGB Color Profile)
- Medium Stackhouse Optimized File (JPEG, 100mb Max, AdobeRGB(1998) Color Profile)
- Small Web Optimized File (JPEG, 2000px Max, sRGB Color Profile)
Proof on Hot Press Bright
A Note on Accuracy
Every giclee printer attempts to match your work accurately, but depending on equipment, types of inks, and papers, it is not always possible to achieve a 100% match. Things may become inaccurate when attempting to reproduce onto a media that is different than the original. For example, trying to print an oil painting onto a Fine Art Textured paper. In this instance, the range of the colors created by the inks used in the printing process might not precisely match the colors formed by the oil paints used in the original. They are entirely different compounds and have different characteristics. Please remember that the goal is to create a sellable reproduction that accurately represents your original. We will do whatever we can to help achieve this goal.